Manage your tax
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) offer a range of services and support that make it easier to check and manage your tax.
Manage your tax with an HMRC Online Account
You can use an HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Online Account for things like your personal or business tax account, Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE for employers, VAT, and much more.
Download the HMRC app
You can use the HMRC app to check:
- your tax code and National Insurance number
- your income and benefits
- your income from work in the previous 5 years
- how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for Self Assessment
- how much Self Assessment tax you owe
You can also use it to:
- get an estimate of the tax you need to pay
- make a Self Assessment payment
- report tax credits changes and complete your renewal
- access your Help to Save account
- use our tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
- track forms and letters you have sent to us
- claim a refund if you have paid too much tax
- update your postal address
How to get the HMRC app
You can download the app from:
- the App Store for iOS
- the Google Play Store for Android
Personal tax account
You can set up a personal tax account to sign in to check your records and manage your details with HMRC. This will let you:
- check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
- fill in, send and view a personal tax return
- claim a tax refund
- check and manage your tax credits
- check your State Pension
- track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
- check or update your Marriage Allowance
- tell HMRC about a change of address
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance.
Growth Support Service
Businesses who are experiencing certain types of growth and who have a UK turnover above £10 million or at least 20 employees can get help with managing their tax from HMRC with the Growth Support Service.
Help and advice
You can also get free help and support from HMRC including webinars, eLearning and tutorial videos if you’re a business, self-employed or an agent.