Managing your tax
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) offer a range of services that make it easier for individuals and businesses to manage and check their tax, including online services, the Growth Support Service, and help and advice tools.
You can register for an HMRC online account which lets you sign in for over 30 different services, such as your personal or business tax account, Self Assessment, Corporation Tax, PAYE for employers, and VAT.
You can set up a personal tax account to sign in to check your records and manage your details with HMRC. This will let you:
- check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
- fill in, send and view a personal tax return
- claim a tax refund
- check and manage your tax credits
- check your State Pension
- track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
- check or update your Marriage Allowance
- tell HMRC about a change of address
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance.
- pay money into your account
- pay your childcare provider
- apply for a new child.
Businesses who are experiencing certain types of growth and who have a UK turnover above £10 million or at least 20 employees can get help with managing their tax from HMRC with the Growth Support Service.
You can also get free help and support from HMRC including webinars, eLearning and tutorial videos if you’re a business, self-employed or an agent.